Call for speakers
What topics are we looking for at JoomlaDay 2023?
On the other hand, Joomla is not just a CMS. It is a global community of people who use this technology from different roles: end-users, webmasters, developers, and more.
Thus, at JoomlaDay, we expect presentations that deal with both specific Joomla topics or even its community, as well as others that deal with any of the technologies or disciplines that are necessary for the development of web applications with the CMS.
The talks will be 30 minutes long. We recommend supporting the talk with a presentation that will be projected during the talk, although each speaker is free to choose the way they prefer to give their talk (within the physical and technical limitations imposed by the venue, of course). They can be in the form of a "master class," question and answer sessions with the attendees, or an exposition of the topic with a question and answer period at the end.
We will be as scrupulous as possible with the schedules, so as not to "steal" a single minute from any speaker's time, so we ask that the content be well adjusted so as not to leave it incomplete.
The selection process for presentations will have the following deadlines:
- Submissions will be accepted until Friday, June 30th, 2023, at 11:59 PM.
- Between the 1st and 7th of July, the organizing team will select from all proposals.
- On Saturday, Jul 8th, the speakers and presentations will be announced on the website.
The organizing team of JoomlaDay will select presentations according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the information that describes the presentation: what the speaker wants to convey, reasons why it may be interesting, supporting materials, etc.
- Theme of the presentation - the aim is to have a comprehensive agenda that also responds to the main requests of the community through the form enabled for this purpose.
- Level of relevance to Joomla of the presentation. We want to have presentations about web technologies, but they must be related to the CMS in some way to be useful to the people who will attend the event, whose main focus is precisely Joomla.
- Number of presentations received on a specific topic. The more presentations are received on the same topic, the harder it will be for a presentation to be selected.
- The organizing team will try to make a fair selection based on the above criteria and their own judgment, with the sole aim of offering the most interesting and comprehensive event possible.